Monday 2 May 2011

COMPLETE OWN ROLE

Throughout the whole media yea I have taken part in 3 main media  filming projects. The first project was the preliminary exercise, which was a basic learning exercise where we worked in twos. The second project was an exchange exercise where we got into our final filming groups and we filmed a slightly more demanding project where we used a variety of film shots in order to create a scene where an exchange took place. The final project was the film noir opening project and the main filming project out of the three I have done. In this filming exercise we had to make a film noir opening using various scenes, effects and titles in order to create a professional looking opening in the film noir style.


What I did in the first project:
In the first film noir project I helped write the actors lines , I also helped with character positioning within shooting in order to keep continuity. Also during filming I helped with the scene by helping shoot with the camera and also I helped record sound with the audio recording equipment (microphone).
After filming I helped transfer the footage from the tape to the editing software using a fire wire lead. I also helped edit the footage together in order to create a scene.


What I did in the second project:
In the second project I created the storyboard which showed a shot by shot guide to the scene, including shot size, shot length and shot direction.
In the second project (the exchange) I also helped shoot the shots and I used my artistic influence whilst shooting in order to think of some more shots whilst on set.
After filming I helped transfer the footage onto the editing software, I also helped edit the scene in order to keep continuity. I also helped look for royalty free music to use as a song to add mood and intensity over the finished edit.


What I did in the third project:


Art director 
I thought about location for shooting, and also location dressing.
I contributed my house as a location and therefore added the majority of props used at the main location.
I also organised collecting equipment such as camera, lighting, tripod and also microphone.
As well as in college preparation I also searched and bought coloured plastic to use for lighting filters for filming.

Other roles
For the preproduction paperwork I completed the hand drawn storyboard along with shot directions and timing. I also typed out the script complete with voice-over and stage directions correctly formatted using a program called “celtx” . I wrote out the shot list for the shoot we completed and I typed up some prewritten editing notes for the group that I received from another member of the group. As well as this I also acted within our final production and Chantelle and myself recorded and co wrote the voiceover script and added it to the opening edit.
I also added in my artistic input during the filming and editing stages and I think the final outcome is very effective.







No comments:

Post a Comment